Non-members and Third Party Liability Insurance
Border Liners Orienteering Club welcomes the taking of photos and videos at their events. These may be shared publicly on our Website, Facebook page or Twitter account.
You may request the removal of a photo or video that has already been shared publicly by the club.
GENERAL DATA PROTECTION REGULATIONS (GDPR)
PRINTABLE VERSION (PDF)
Border Liners Orienteering Club is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For any personal data you provide for the purposes of your membership or your participation in orienteering events, British Orienteering and Border Liners Orienteering Club are responsible for storing and otherwise processing that data in a fair, lawful, secure and transparent way as set out by the Data Protection Act 1998 and the General Data Protection Regulations which come into effect on May 25th, 2018.
Border Liners OC needs this data in order to meet the British Orienteering regulations and insurance requirements when holding events and, if you are a member, to provide the membership services you are signing up to when you register with British Orienteering and the club. If you are not a member, you consent to the data being held when you register for an event or activity or sign up for the mailing list on the website.
Border Liners OC and British Orienteering retains and processes this data based on ‘legitimate interests’- the legitimate interests are the interest of registering you as a member and to administer the sport.
If you are a member Border Liners OC and its officials may hold:
- Membership data, as defined by British Orienteering (BO): "In becoming a member of BO, BO will collect certain information about you which will include your name, date of birth, gender, URN (Membership Number) number, email address, address, telephone number, name of the BO affiliated Association and club that you are a member of and details of any coaching or officiating licenses you hold and results"
- Club offices held, relevant skills and qualifications, relevant courses attended and details of officiating/volunteering at orienteering events
If you are not a member Border Liners OC and its officials may hold:
- name, postal and email addresses, phone number, year of birth, competition age class & results for those participating in events
- contact data for landowners and other organisations with which we co-operate, their employees, agents and tenants
Your data may be held in electronic or in paper form.
Your data will only be used in organising the sport of orienteering or for club management and social purposes. This may include: publication of competition entries and results, event reports, coaching, team selection & entry, training and appointment of officials, website management and the mailing of magazines and other literature which provide information about club activities.
Your data may be distributed in paper or electronic form between members, competitors, event officials and orienteering organisations for the purposes outlined above. It will not be available for commercial purposes.
A limited amount of your data may be published on web sites or in printed media (such as newspapers) accessible to the public, including:
- name, age class, photograph and club in competition results & event reports
- name & photograph, together with website email address, if you are a club official
More detailed information will not be published unless the explicit consent of the person involved has been obtained.
- Competitors’ entry forms will be kept securely by the club, and lists of officials and volunteers, etc, by the club for the time required by the British Orienteering event insurers.
- Event results published on the website may remain in place indefinitely.
- Email addresses supplied by non-members on the registration form may be used to mail information about future orienteering events; the recipients may unsubscribe at any time. For reasons of safety, data relating to medical conditions may be required by the coach at training sessions. Juniors will be required to provide a paper consent form which includes medical information and contact details for a parent or guardian. The details will remain confidential.
- Competitors at orienteering events may be invited to submit confidential medical information in sealed envelopes to be held by the organising team for the duration of an event. This is entirely voluntary, & if the competitor does not reclaim the envelope at the end of the event it will be destroyed unopened.
Border Liners OC will not share your details with third parties, except as detailed below.
- The club may share your personal information with the police or other law enforcement agencies for the purposes of crime prevention or detection under the Legal Basis of Legal Obligation, as defined within the GDPR.
- The club may share your personal information with emergency rescue and health services for the purposes of member welfare under the Legal Basis of Vital Interests, as defined within the GDPR.
- The club may share your personal information with the BO Insurer providing Civil Liability insurance under the Legal Basis of Legal Obligation, as defined within the GDPR.
You have the following rights under data protection legislation:
- to access a copy of the information comprised in your personal data
- to object to processing of your personal data that is likely to cause or is causing damage or distress
- to prevent processing for direct marketing
- to object to decisions being taken by automated means
- to have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed
- to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of data protection legislation